54 replies to this topic

#21 Recon

Recon

Grizzled Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Hopefully this company does not cater to the whiners of ER like MHS did, I got tired of hearing it, and it caused Vets to quit and I mean Vets like myself and others who have been here since early beta to leave because of the catering to cry babies, so I hope this company will be fair and listen to both sides and not cater to cry babies. This game failed because of the issues it had and how MHS handled things so I hope they seen what happen here.

I would hope they would do a Post mortem and go over there game before they release it . Also Please listen to your player base, I tested the heck out of earthrise and MHS totally ignored most of us, and it failed badly, I been testing games for 30 years and have a degree in gaming so I think I know what I'm talking about just like many other players who play the game know what they have seen and MHS would ignore us, so for the love of god, listen to your player base when we say there is an issue there is, don't blow it off and say its on our end, you know how many times we heard that. I know that can happen, but to many issues that blamed the user, also accounts disapearing happening sometimes, and for no reason. SO MHS would say, guess what there is always a reason why, look and see what is wrong and corrupted in the database, I dunno how many times I have seen this when designing games. But MHS would just brush it off as the users did it... Sigh.. Great way to keep your player base. Yes this did happen to a few friends of mine in game and out.

I think it should go back to the old way as well, from early beta and have us gather resources like for ammo, for ever we had a ammo spot in the auction house but at release there was no ammo, I liked when we had to gather for ammo, also the old crafting was far more fun, if your unsure of some of the older ways feel free to PM me, because alot of the Vets liked it, but some of the newer testers whined, and of course the people who are most vocal win, so I learend to try and be louder because I get tired of watching games fall apart, ER was one of the games, I was looking forward to the most and prolly reported more bugs in because I liked the concept from day 1. I still do, but I do hope its done right this time..
  • atobrieri likes this
http://www.divided-a...nce.com/forums/

Guild leader of Divided-allegiance

Communtiy Leader of Divided allegiance. Divided Allegiance still is recruiting and playing Guild War 2 and The [removed].

#22 Procyreus

Procyreus

Ammo Carrier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Now try [removed]-online. Sandbox game with grief and grind works fine by my standards with 35k+ players online around the clock all the time (except downtime) and that number is climbing steady.

Also not true.

For one the vast majority of [removed] Online players play in Empire space which doesn't allow open PvP. While [removed] Online DOES offer open PvP zones, most players disregard alliance warfare precisely because it is grief&grind. In fact the devs of [removed] had to do a lot of work to make the alliance system friendlier to players simply because initially they were losing way too many people simply because once they lost something that took them months to build up they just didn't care to try again.

Secondly, [removed] is a pay to win game where multi account use is heavily encouraged and rewarded. You can make huge amounts of money if you have multiple accounts by mining, and people who don't want to mine but still want to spend extra real life cash for ingame currency can buy gametime and sell it in the game to people who want to be competitive at mining without dropping 150 bucks a month on accounts. The reality of [removed] Online is, the number of accounts they have playing is in no way representative of their actual player numbers. It wouldn't surprise me if single wealthy players are responsible for upwards of 100 accounts. While that's a great business, it's a garbage game.

#23 phunqe

phunqe

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Earthrise had the potential to be the best thing since [removed] some of us old NC players really wanted it to succeed. Hopefully all the mistakes will be iterated through and learned from. It's not often a game gets a second chance in this industry nowadays.

PS. Recon: Read your PMs again please.
  • 0range likes this
Posted Image

#24 Recon

Recon

Grizzled Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Earthrise had the potential to be the best thing since [removed] some of us old NC players really wanted it to succeed. Hopefully all the mistakes will be iterated through and learned from. It's not often a game gets a second chance in this industry nowadays.

PS. Recon: Read your PMs again please.

I just got on, sorry I don't check this forum as often as I used to.

Agreed with Phunqe 100%
http://www.divided-a...nce.com/forums/

Guild leader of Divided-allegiance

Communtiy Leader of Divided allegiance. Divided Allegiance still is recruiting and playing Guild War 2 and The [removed].

#25 RagnarokEdR

RagnarokEdR

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMontrĂ©al, QC

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Is the game going to be somewhat mod-able like the old one?

#26 Nemajneb/Magicpsychoc

Nemajneb/Magicpsychoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

I just want my preorder armour back Posted Image

That preorder stuff was the first problem, remember one preorder set was way better than the other...lol
Nemajneb/Magicpsychoc/SirBalin/BalinGoldhelm
Incognito
You're either with us or against us...
www.incognito-gaming.com
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJyrw6kT18w&feature=plcp[/media]

#27 Luke

Luke

Armed and Dangerous

• Test Candidate
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

hmm are guys planning on puting the bases all around the map and not on some distand one place thats empty otherwise? player housing? terraforming?

How about guilds capturing cities too, would be cool if we could capture them allso and purchase vendors there, teleports, taxing etc. then fight over the control once a week in example?

What about the alliance chat and things to go with that? I know some people quit playing since there wasnt enough players online in their guild and enterra is a scary place to be alone, alliance options would fix this somewhat.

how bout minor chances, like the animation on that other melee weapon? you kept jumping up and down like crazy. Animation on running up the hill? how bout repairing weapons? the reapair kit sucked. Will the launcher still have "unlimited range"? The arenas that where implemented just before the end, what the hell where those? specialy the one in The village lol :D

how bout some sort of tutorial? brining back the tutrial island as it was is prob not a good idea, but some sort of minor tutorial thing would be cool.

can we mount weapons to vehicles, or shoot from them? the pistols would be great here as an only weapon you can use from cars.

Are we alloved to create more than one charrecter, if so will it be able to join other guilds other than your main one is? Some like the spying, some dont. Not sure what would be the right way. How about some motion sensors that you could set in terrain and it would inform you if some one was moving there, of course some limitations and counters to it, high price, max 3 sensors or so and some sorth of counter jamming device?

hmm what about the scope people been asking for the "sniper rifle" or what was it called rail gun? head shots? will stuns be removed, or reduced to crippling?

#28 Keos

Keos

Uh it's Keos

• SilentFuture
  • 699 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

@Luke
that are many questions. So lets do a short and fast answer:
Yes, Yes (later), No, No, Yes (later), Reworked (animation to areas), Tutorial Yes but no Island anymore, No but there will be Military vehicles (later), yes, you are free to join anyone with other characters, no but there will be a base alert system, new weapons for everyone, stuns would maximally slow you down but not knock you out anymore.

More informations will come.

#29 RagnarokEdR

RagnarokEdR

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMontrĂ©al, QC

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

hmm what about the scope people been asking for the "sniper rifle" or what was it called rail gun? head shots? will stuns be removed, or reduced to crippling?

the heavy railgun was too unreliable in damage and very hard too hit anyone but someone straightlining.

#30 ThePestilent

ThePestilent

Gun Fumbler

• Test Candidate
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I actually loved the railgun. Absolutely loved it, even though it was underpowered for it's fire rate and difficulty to use. Would be MUCH better with a scope, though. Eyeballing at 60m range isn't the best.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Cavadus

Cavadus

Bulletstorm

• Test Candidate
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSVS South Legion HQ

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Will y'all be ditching the completely boring and linear gear tier system for something else? One of the big draws of Earthrise was the level-less and class-less skill system but in the end the gear tiers acted as a de facto level system with a very linear power curve. I found it to be ER's biggest design failure behind the client's atrocious performance issues.

sig_light.png

#32 Madir

Madir

Gun Fumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Any infos on the Crafting System, will it be like Eartrise or total different?

#33 Keos

Keos

Uh it's Keos

• SilentFuture
  • 699 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

The crafting will be different as also the items are reworked. More informations will come at a later point (wouldn't take that long anymore)

#34 Madir

Madir

Gun Fumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thank you for the responce, looking forward to here more about crafting. That was one of the points that keept me playing.

#35 0range

0range

One Hit, One Kill

• Test Candidate
  • 401 posts
  • LocationPizza Hut at the Weightwatcher HQ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

@Luke
 No but there will be Military vehicles (later), new weapons for everyone, stuns would maximally slow you down but not knock you out anymore.

More informations will come.

THATS PRETTY IMBA! especially the no stun part, freaking awesome.

#36 kilrain

kilrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Typically a Q&A thread should be managed by rewriting all of the questions into the original post linking them to their respective location/answers. At least when people make new posts, it's organized by title under it's respective forum section. If you put the Q&A in a single post without organizing it yourself it's a jumbled mess that most will not bother to search through. 

Just saying, unless you plan to clean it up, put the questions with links in the OP I for one wont be using this thread for my questions. Sorry.

• MaxiM likes this

#37 MaxiM

MaxiM

Runner

• Test Candidate
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

What about the world itself. The seeting is changing, but will you expand upon the old map or will you significantly change it? I'd hate to lose some of my favorite spots on Enterra. I've seen the new outline of the Island and I've noticed that some parts of the island were connected, while some smaller areas disappeared...

erBar.png

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;

the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
~George Bernard Shaw

#38 Zanriel

Zanriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hey, brand new here. I've been looking around the site for a couple days and there's really not much info about the game at all. I never played the original, and only heard about it when I saw news it had gone away and was being resurrected.

Based on some of the questions in this thread, it sounds like the original Earthrise had full open PVP. Is that correct? Will Earthrise First Impact be the same way? I crave a sandbox type experience, but full open PVP is a huge turnoff for me. I don't mind RVR type systems, where there are open PVP areas, but only if it's not the bulk of the game. I hear people talking about "Grief n Grind" as that type of system. I never heard it put that way but I assume people mean open PVP, correct?

Secondly, what about cosmetic armor/clothing? Is that an option, or will it be? Or will players be wearing whatever they can find? Anyone remember that big shoulderpad game where, while leveling, everyone looked like they were dressed in clown suits? Yeah, who wants that?

#39 IMAD!man

IMAD!man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

I am looking for a world that is not Linear and static.  Of all the games that have come out in the last 10 years they are all completely predictable.  No actions have any affect of any significance.  The last game that seemed good was Anarchy-Online.  This game did a good job of making you feel immersed in a world that didn't care if you were there or not.  I'm interested in becoming a founder but I don't find any information on what kind of game you are trying to make? 

#40 abrokenchinadoll

abrokenchinadoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

So this game isnt a shooter type or Action rpg? Mostly auto target? 

Scratch that I just read up on it some more lol. 

Edited by abrokenchinadoll, 09 April 2013 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users