54 replies to this topic

#1 RagnarokEdR

RagnarokEdR

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMontréal, QC

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

If you have questions for the devs, you should add them here instead of randomly asking in random threads. :P
  • atobrieri likes this

#2 0range

0range

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 398 posts
  • LocationPizza Hut at the Weightwatcher HQ

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

will we become a "sex" emote?

#3 Cavadus

Cavadus

Bulletstorm

• Test Candidate
  • 739 posts
  • LocationSVS South Legion HQ

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

So, the modified game setting. We're no longer "post-post-acocalpyse" but we're going to "...experience the apocalypse."

Are we talking something like a [removed] vibe? Like [removed]? Closer to what Earthrise was?
  • Cavadus likes this

sig_light.png

#4 RagnarokEdR

RagnarokEdR

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMontréal, QC

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

So, the modified game setting. We're no longer "post-post-acocalpyse" but we're going to "...experience the apocalypse."

Are we talking something like a [removed] vibe? Like [removed]? Closer to what Earthrise was?

[removed] is post-apocalypse.
  • MacHead likes this

#5 Keos

Keos

Uh it's Keos

• SilentFuture
  • 635 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

@0range
Drom? (sorry; insider)

@Cavadus
The games you mentioned are as RegnarokEdR said post-apocalypse. ER has its own special setting that we will pick up and get it into shape.

#6 0range

0range

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

@0range
Drom? (sorry; insider)

Crahn with you!

can u tell us anything about the f2p model SilentFuture want to implement.
  • Tkon likes this

#7 phunqe

phunqe

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Droms were an animal NPC in [removed] and they had to withstand a lot of abuse the poor fellows. Although we loved them :)

http://wiki.techhaven.org/Sex/drom

http://wiki.techhaven.org/Sex
Posted Image

#8 Kagee

Kagee

Gun Fumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

So, we can't take our old characters in the new Game,
but can we have our Char-Names reserved?
Posted Image

-=ABT=- Our fun is your ruin!

#9 RagnarokEdR

RagnarokEdR

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMontréal, QC

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

So, we can't take our old characters in the new Game,
but can we have our Char-Names reserved?

that would be great!

#10 0range

0range

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

will Earthrise be on xfire and steam this time?

#11 Keos

Keos

Uh it's Keos

• SilentFuture
  • 635 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

@Kagee
We will think about the "...can we have our Char-Names reserved"

@0range
At this early stage we can't say that it will be on any of these, but lets see how it will be in some time

#12 Reacon

Reacon

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Any idea whether or not you will be offering original owners of Earthrise anything? Will we get to keep the game we spent 60$ on?
Posted Image

#13 The Editor

The Editor

Legen-wait-dary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Any idea whether or not you will be offering original owners of Earthrise anything? Will we get to keep the game we spent 60$ on?

SilentFuture is completely different company from MHS. However when I spoke with Keos about the old players we talked about some extras for them. If it's technically possible, the first testers of new ER will be the people, who purchased the game before. We also spoke if SF implements the titles into ER the old players could receive custom title. I also liked Ostiak's suggestion that a wall of fame will be built on so called "Island of glory", where all the people and guilds, covering some minimal criteria, will have their names written.
Of course these suggestions are "secondary task", but I hope SF will be able to implement them.

#14 Reacon

Reacon

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

SilentFuture is completely different company from MHS. However when I spoke with Keos about the old players we talked about some extras for them. If it's technically possible, the first testers of new ER will be the people, who purchased the game before. We also spoke if SF implements the titles into ER the old players could receive custom title. I also liked Ostiak's suggestion that a wall of fame will be built on so called "Island of glory", where all the people and guilds, covering some minimal criteria, will have their names written.
Of course these suggestions are "secondary task", but I hope SF will be able to implement them.

I just want my preorder armour back :)
Posted Image

#15 Zorky

Zorky

Runner

• Test Candidate
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Are there any MHS staff on this team ?
Posted Image

#16 Ydyp Ieva

Ydyp Ieva

Gun Fumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Will the old weapons still be there? Or are those fully revamped with the story as well?
Posted Image

#17 Procyreus

Procyreus

Ammo Carrier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

My one single question is this: When this game relaunches, is it going to be the same Grief&Grind it was before?

I thought this game had a lot of potential. Of course it launched in an incredibly unfinished state, but honestly, if we assume it would relaunch with no connectivity problems, no bugs and no extreme exploits to get money and XP quickly, I think the game would still fail.

In the past 14 years nobody has had any success with the Grief&Grind model, and sandbox games in general are considered damn near dead because developers continuously refuse to develop any sandboxes that don't have Grief&Grind at their core.

A system where the majority of your time is spent replacing gear you have lost for various reasons simply appeals to only a tiny little number of extremely hardcore players, and I think no matter how finished this game is when it relaunches, if it clings to that failed design strategy it's going to crash and burn, just like every other game that has tried this stuff and was shot down by the free market.

#18 RagnarokEdR

RagnarokEdR

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMontréal, QC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

My one single question is this: When this game relaunches, is it going to be the same Grief&Grind it was before?

I thought this game had a lot of potential. Of course it launched in an incredibly unfinished state, but honestly, if we assume it would relaunch with no connectivity problems, no bugs and no extreme exploits to get money and XP quickly, I think the game would still fail.

In the past 14 years nobody has had any success with the Grief&Grind model, and sandbox games in general are considered damn near dead because developers continuously refuse to develop any sandboxes that don't have Grief&Grind at their core.

A system where the majority of your time is spent replacing gear you have lost for various reasons simply appeals to only a tiny little number of extremely hardcore players, and I think no matter how finished this game is when it relaunches, if it clings to that failed design strategy it's going to crash and burn, just like every other game that has tried this stuff and was shot down by the free market.

that's not true. [removed] fared well for a while. they had a big problem with actually selling the game at the release. so instead of selling 300k copies they sold 15k.

#19 Procyreus

Procyreus

Ammo Carrier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

If you call a bunch of naked people running around tossing the only spell without reagent cost at each other faring well, sure.

Also even if they sold 300k copies, that says nothing about customer retention. If the game was any good it would be growing completely regardless of whether it had a slow start.

#20 Ydyp Ieva

Ydyp Ieva

Gun Fumbler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

If you call a bunch of naked people running around tossing the only spell without reagent cost at each other faring well, sure.

Also even if they sold 300k copies, that says nothing about customer retention. If the game was any good it would be growing completely regardless of whether it had a slow start.

Now try [removed]-online. Sandbox game with grief and grind works fine by my standards with 35k+ players online around the clock all the time (except downtime) and that number is climbing steady.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users