43 replies to this topic

#21 Recon

Recon

Grizzled Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Do not make the crafting simple, aka WOW style!! Yes you can change it make it more unique, a crafter whould be someone that specs into it, and he should be rewarded for doing so, if everyone IRL could do everything, no one would have to pay anyone for anything, I feel games should be the same way , [removed]kinda does this, you need test and try things out, this game would be perfect, being a person who tested Earthrise in early beta and through all of the beta's and a person who stayed until the doors closed with one break, I feel I know this game pretty well, I also i'm studing game design and nearly have my degree so if they needed some sort of help with the way the game should go, I would be happy to give my input. I'm busy IRL with my own games and I work for an indie designing games, but I would certainly would give advice, this game is one of the few I really liked, so thats why I played it, spite the issues it had, I liked the game alot, sadly I wish we seen some SWG in it more, I think they should go more SWG style crafting, it is a sandbox after all, if you make it simple, you will destory the game people are tired of stuff being way to simple... Before it was boring, but atleast there was more to it, I feel since they have some many components they should do it some what like Mortal, make it where you can make different weapons based on certain combinations , but only certain combinations make them better, the player will have to find what the best ones are to make better weapons, armor and such.

Also you would need higher skill to make them better as well, some make them grind a little, not a ton but all games need a little grind.
  • RED and TheOneAlmighty like this
http://www.divided-a...nce.com/forums/

Guild leader of Divided-allegiance

Communtiy Leader of Divided allegiance. Divided Allegiance still is recruiting and playing Guild War 2 and The [removed].

#22 amix

amix

Sightseer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

+1 to not making craft simlpe
Earthrise craft that was used in original game was just fine.

#23 RED

RED

Ammo Carrier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

IMHO craft was not fine, it was boring, and need some tuning.
For me main idea should remain: Craft is the only way to get best stuff.
Don`t make top-gear dropped from mobs please - only subs for top-craft maybe.

#24 Recon

Recon

Grizzled Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

IMHO craft was not fine, it was boring, and need some tuning.
For me main idea should remain: Craft is the only way to get best stuff.
Don`t make top-gear dropped from mobs please - only subs for top-craft maybe.

Agreed
http://www.divided-a...nce.com/forums/

Guild leader of Divided-allegiance

Communtiy Leader of Divided allegiance. Divided Allegiance still is recruiting and playing Guild War 2 and The [removed].

#25 MS DOS

MS DOS

Death Incarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

My main suggestion is, fix the lag. Please, please, please. I know you guys are working on it and its priority, but please make sure this is the one thing if anything, is fixed!

Next I would say, add more weapons, armors to the game and a lot more content. The game really had no content in it at all. Just aimlessly go around to kill mobs and that was about it.

Crafting is cool, and could be made a little better, to make people stand out from others.
  • MS DOS and Tkon like this
Posted Image

#26 Nemajneb/Magicpsychoc

Nemajneb/Magicpsychoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

I'd love to see the game have true ownership of cities. I know the siege system was broke in the game before, but even before the system the game's politics were really cool. Clans owning cities that were siegable would be epic!
Nemajneb/Magicpsychoc/SirBalin/BalinGoldhelm
Incognito
You're either with us or against us...
www.incognito-gaming.com
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJyrw6kT18w&feature=plcp[/media]

#27 0range

0range

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 398 posts
  • LocationPizza Hut at the Weightwatcher HQ

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'd love to see the game have true ownership of cities. I know the siege system was broke in the game before, but even before the system the game's politics were really cool. Clans owning cities that were siegable would be epic!

this!

content huh? but please no boring run from A to B quest shite WITH QUESTMARKS :o .
the grind was okay, PvP based games dont need story content tbh.
a few more "hard" chain quests wont hurt tho ( the continoma faction one was leet)

#28 Krozzfire

Krozzfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Add pistols, and maybe change the sound of the guns a bit to sound slightly tougher.

You mean like this

#29 Payton

Payton

Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

I would like to see content that really supports and promotes Guilds. There can be things that when implemented, would promote social, PvP, crafting, and status. Examples could be:

1 - Guild oriented quests or achievements that may:

- unlock buildings or structures;

- give passive talents or bonuses for specfic situations to all guildies such as PvP regeneration, healing, or defence;

- bonuses for a specific Guild choosen class or character

- summoning or travel options;

- give crafting bonuses or advanced crafting classes or advanced recipes including opportunity to modify or individualize armor or weapon appearance for Guild uniformity and identity;

- ability to construct emblems of uniforms;

- allow activation of a Guild Skill Tree where your Guild can "build" it's character through planned advancement

2- Guild Settlements that may:

- expand based on Guild population and achievement level

- allow special buildings such as AH access from a Town Hall; specific workshops for crafting like forges or mills or foundries; and stores for commerce that can have player owned kiosks and vendors; an actual bank; a garage for travel or vehicle needs; a library for specialized study; a gym or pool for athletic achievement; a medical center for regeneration and healing class study; etc. The Guild has to prioritize their needs and objectives to enhance or assist in Guild growth and development.

- allows player housing for guild members and possibly in addition to any other player housing

- allow travel options

- create a radius and zone that restricts non-Guild presence and allows only Guild Officers to control and manage locations and placements or adjustments/relocations

- allow defensive opportunities and to create seige objectives when a Guild attains or achieves a certain rank or status for their Settlement

3- Have faction influence affected by Settlement status. Settlements can become seigeable and may also generate faction server wide bonuses based on active conflicts and achievements during those conflicts, or even faction based benefits for those who attend a seige and participate. There can be PvE and PvP activity generated against a settlement depending on rank, and can create faction oriented quests or events for the PvE conflicts that arise; and special PvP exp or bonuses for the player and/or their Guild for the PvP related activity.

4 - Allow alliances that would have specific pre-requisites that then could:

- promote bonuses in specific situations when grouped together like PvP healing or PvP defence etc

- allow crafting advantages or business advantages between alliances

5 - Allow in-game Guild Signage and landscaping such as billboards; town signs; building naming and city naming.

6- Allow Guilds to choose a style of building including colour schemes so their settlement presence can be distinctive and unique.

7 - Special and even seasonal events that could allow unique items to be obtained for placement in a settlement such as a monument; statute; artifact; memorial; or even a building that may provide a limited buff or even no bonus, but that will enhance the look and feel of a settlement.

8 - Have settlements be progressive in rank or status -- hamlet; village; town; city; or metropolis, with limitation on how many of the higher rank may be available for each faction affiliation and require those higher ranked settlements to maintain certain levels of achievement or presence and activity to sustain their rank or risk losing their radius or bonuses and advantages.

- Require Guilds to pay taxes or maintenance.

- Only the most active or efficient Guilds can achieve and maintain the highest status settlements. Guilds with only large populations but that are not Guild-oriented in function and achievement can potentially be restricted. Smaller but dynamic and effective Guilds can attain higher status.

- Guilds that dissolve or split will also see their Guild achievement potentially suffer as well.

So for discussion purposes feel free to comment as aggressively as you like as to what you may or may not agree with. I would prefer if you disagree with something that you also add what you would think may be implemented in the alternative; or at least state why certain aspects would not be suitable. Lots of these ideas come from old games I have played and that many of you may recognize. Some may have had bad experiences with some of these ideas before.

• Cavadus, Tkon, Ringmaster and 2 others like this

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Tkon

Tkon

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 215 posts
  • LocationGermany - Bremen

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

I would like to see a ingame grave stone with all names on it, who played the "first" ER till end. :)

That would be cool.

• Nuxfelles likes this

#31 totodes

totodes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I can't really think of anything I'd want changed that hasn't been mentioned, just please remember that this was supposed to be a sandbox MMO devs, that's all I wanted from the first ver.

#32 Lkory

Lkory

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Clan Settlements would be really nice, a good old MMO Sandbox with a good reason to pvp.

#33 TheOneAlmighty

TheOneAlmighty

Sightseer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHavre Montana USA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I agree dont make crafting simple make it complex and very interesting I love crafting in games and would love to see a game with an amazing crafting side

• Lkory likes this

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret

#34 Meledy

Meledy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Please keep the crafting system as it was, Dont make it easier.

#35 Lkory

Lkory

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Think ive readed on this forum they intend on making the resources "more accessible and harvestable" so ya id have to agree: keep crafting complex

#36 Ringmaster

Ringmaster

Sightseer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

I wish I had been part of the original project so I could give real, constructive info and suggestions but... I'm not exactly sure how the weapons "work" or exactly how the lore is, or even if weapon upgrades/"sockets" are available, but how about interchangeable weapon cores (or whatever you would like the things to be called) that act sort of like different ammunition, giving the weapon added effects being, character stat raises or purely damage based ones? Sorry if i sound miss informed or ignorant, there's a lot of info on these forums and I'm new around here lol  :)

Remember the Forgotten

Van Buren

#37 ghostsan

ghostsan

Sightseer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

1.Crafting should be hard and rewarding to those who can achieve it.

-Hard recipes with the best from all professions combined for state of the art equipment or item.

2. Player structures made by players, like houses and guild/clan headquarters. 

-Structures that can be destroyed by time or other conditions. That need work on so they can me maintained.

3. Resources spread around the wilderness for players to gather.

-This could be a major pvp trigger. Player controlling places for resources.

Roleplay animations of all kinds. Walking, sitting, laying, drinking laughing, dancing, etc....

#38 Nuxfelles

Nuxfelles

• Test Candidate
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I suggest making it so there are more reasons to not run up and randomly kill and gank somebody. Maybe scale it on the difference between battle ratings, and depending on who shot first.

Keep the music the same. It's awesome.

I dont know whether i agree completely with your first point as i quite liked the harshness that the world had. it made me feel like everything that happened to me mattered. the good and the bad. i spent about 2 hours once being chased by one of the newbie killers in the first carnation of the game, but i accepted that as part of the deal. 

as far as the music goes i agree completely... we want way more of that :D.

#39 Skitted

Skitted

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think what this needs is a forum Area for "Feature suggestions & Ideas" where the Devs can also show the community that they want and read the suggestion made by the community.

S.t.a.l.k.e.r Online uses a awesome suggestion database.

I a community member just want to have the feeling that someone read my suggestion and if there is just a short answer ...

It took me to long alread to find this thread, which means others will have the same problem...at least once more people enter this forum

kbwrwmo6g6c8.jpg

#40 Skitted

Skitted

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

1.Crafting should be hard and rewarding to those who can achieve it.

-Hard recipes with the best from all professions combined for state of the art equipment or item.

I suggest to step away from recipe based crafting...we have known this for too long from all other MMOs out there ...is straigt boring.

Go for combination based crafting like Dean Hall is implementing for [removed] standalone or [removed] Online is aiming for where you have to find out for yourself what can be combined for what result ...and maybe write the recipe yourself once you found out... and you can only find out about advanced combiantion if you have some basics in one area...preventing you from craftin a Assault rifle if you can not craft a rifle handle...

more sandbox feeling of exploring...

Edited by Skitted, 10 April 2013 - 08:32 AM.

kbwrwmo6g6c8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users