#1 Keos

Keos

Uh it's Keos

• SilentFuture
  • 717 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

SilentFuture takes over Earthrise

Wuppertal-based development studio continues development of the online science-fiction role-playing game

Wuppertal, May 10 2012 - Wuppertal-based development studio SilentFuture has taken over the online science-fiction role-playing game "Earthrise", and is already working on an overhaul. Shut down by developer Masthead in February of 2012, the sandbox MMORPG is receiving a new background story from SilentFuture with the corresponding facelift as well as essential improvements in both gameplay and technology. The relaunch is planned for the fourth quarter of 2012.

Earthrise is scheduled to return to the market as a Free-to-Play game. SilentFuture also plans to revamp many of the systems used in Earthrise and to adjust the game world accordingly. A new background story complete with facelift will provide more excitement - Earthrise players no longer find themselves in a post-apocalyptic world, but rather part of the apocalypse itself.

SilentFuture CEO Daniel Schemann explains: "With Earthrise, we've taken over an MMO with enormous potential for development. That's why we started revamping Earthrise earlier this month together with a team of experienced programmers. First we intend to address known issues in design and technology, during which we will be focusing on fundamental factors such as network and server performance. But we won't be neglecting the story and the gameplay, either. Our goal is to present players a gaming experience in the near future which is as exciting as it is varied!"

About SilentFuture

SilentFuture is specialized in the development of Multiplayer Games with a strong focus on MMORPG design and conception. Founded in 2005 by Daniel Schemann, the firm offers the complete palette of online game development and lifecycle services - from market research through project planning and design to customer support. For more information, please visit www.silentfuture.de
  • Chibi, killem and atobrieri like this

#2 Knar

Knar

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Not post-post-apocalyptic anymore? -____________-
Posted Image

#3 Sumniac

Sumniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

i need to DL this game, but i dont know how.. some1 explain here plOx :) ty

#4 phunqe

phunqe

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I think many are wondering, why the story change? The story and setting was one of the things that ER had going for it, why change this?
It's not what ER had problems with really ;)
Posted Image

#5 lahuzer

lahuzer

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I´m also guessing all the old characters will be wiped, and every1 will have to start from scratch? I don´t mind if it´s after or during the apocalypse. Just make sure you don´t change the basic idea of what the combat was in ER. Cause it was a great idea that was badly executed, even though the last patch finally got the numbers right, but the bugs was still there. And optimizing the game is prio 1. Cause that was really bad b4. Either way, good luck and cya at the 4th quarter.

p.s Will there be BETA test for this new release? d.s
Posted Image

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant...

#6 phunqe

phunqe

Gunslinger

• Test Candidate
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

I mean if there is some particular mechanic or gameplay that would warrant a story change, then by all means. I just hope there is a reason for it :)

EDIT: The concern is the story change being handled casually (or at least I and some others got that feeling). If you want to suck in and engage the old ER players consider developing this so we know what is going on :)
Posted Image

#7 Sumniac

Sumniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

hey all im here and im still waiting for the DL link :)

#8 Seires

Seires

Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Weird, so not really a MHS announcement as a SilentFuture announcement?

Keeping my comments on hold until we know more about all these...changes.

Posted Image

#9 Knar

Knar

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Can we have any info at all about changes to gameplay mechanics? And is there any possibility that a "vanilla" server will be put up with the last stable version of earthrise?

I found this: http://war-dusk.com/ looks like a Minecraft clone game that SilentFuture was working on. Maybe they know how to make ER a legitimate sandbox experience ;)
Posted Image

#10 Seires

Seires

Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

As a side note, the new frontpage is hard to read with that background. Also a few issues with capitalization (even on the SilentFuture mainpage capitalization seems to have been a second thought) :)

But definitely want to know about some of these changes you guys have in store. Also - What's going on with MHS - Lets have an announcement from you guys!

Posted Image

#11 Knar

Knar

Grizzled Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Also, what is a "role-paying game" ? :lol:
Posted Image

#12 Jira

Jira

Armed and Dangerous

• Test Candidate
  • 185 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, we noticed it and changed it to role-playing ;-), sorry to remove the quote :-P

I do have some concerns with the cash shop already.^^

Edited by Keos, 10 May 2012 - 04:23 PM.

2exrmg2.png

#13 Xen

Xen

Armed and Dangerous

• Test Candidate
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

somewhat sad that MHS didn't manage to make a comeback with new investors as it seems...ER was a good try and you guys and gals still got my respect for trying...it was just too rocky all around :)

so well hopefully later this year we will get a decent ER relaunch and i really hope a) performance will receive a real facelift and B) the combat will become a fluid experience as well...the rest of the game was already somewhat close to working and i found the concept behind most game mechanics decent :)

i would really take the time to get the combat really on level with other games like [removed] (just the basic feel without the stupid physics), [removed], tera and other not yet released games with fps combat :P the concept with primary and secondary skills was brilliant but the combat itself was very rocky, glitchy, not responsive or how you wanna call it :) combat always got to be good in games where it's a major part.

anyhow looking forward to what the result will play like and wish the Silentfuture all the best \o/
Aver Sion
BdW

#14 Arvines

Arvines

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Togliatty

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

Old characters will be deleted ?

#15 Seires

Seires

Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

2 Questions now then -

1-Who's our new ER leader? The rep from SilentFuture that is :)

2-MHS still alive and kicking or did SF buy them out, as well as ER?

Posted Image

#16 Keos

Keos

Uh it's Keos

• SilentFuture
  • 717 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Sorry that i can't answer all questions at once.

@Seires
1. If you Require a ER Leader, then i think The SF CEO it will be.
2. MHS is still alive and kicking.

@Arvines
The Character will be gone. We tryed to rescue them, but due to the system changes that are required to increase the performance they arent usable anymore.

@Xen
I think when we will write about the changes and can show the improvements we are actually working on you will be happy.

@Knar
We will setup alpha servers when we have again a stable build. As TheEditor said we will send out invitations to old players when we are ready. And for all the others we will start a Alpha/Beta application soon on the webpage.

#17 TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEntera

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

I worked on the environment in Earthrise and the only think i can say is that this game have again the chance to become something great and enjoyable! ;)
Fingers crossed for you SilentFuture guys, i will enjoy playing this game ones more. :)
Can't wait, cheers!

#18 Arvines

Arvines

Sightseer

• Test Candidate
  • 11 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Togliatty

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

im very sad ( learnin t6 armor craft and assault rifle ) =\

But i will be play again \0/ !

#19 Seires

Seires

Veteran

• Test Candidate
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

When's beta? :D

Posted Image

#20 Keos

Keos

Uh it's Keos

• SilentFuture
  • 717 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

@Seires
Lets first reach the new Alpha as we have to fix a bunch of things.

@Arvines
I think you will like the new crafting system and the new item definitions as its planned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users